Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tis the Season 2010

I usually buy the kids a new ornament each year as part of our Christmas traditions, but this year I was inspired to do something different...very different for me the non-crafty mom.  We made our ornaments using those clear balls and paint.  It was a first go - and we learned some lessons for next year...1. Don't squeeze a half a bottle of paint in the ball because a) it won't dry, b) when the ball tips the undried paint will run out and c) it doesn't leave any paint for anybody else.  Hmmm...

Also learned that the pretty fairy dust glitter covers up the pretty paint designs on the ball.  Hmmm....
Lessons learned for next year.  It was a descent first go.  And we had fun - which is what really counts anyway.











And then, later that evening I learned how to do funky things with Christmas tree lights and my camera - and that always lots of fun.



More practice to be had and more skills to be learned, but it's a beginning and I am excited.

2 comments:

Nan said...

LOVE the bokeh!!

We did the same craft last year! Well, similar. I used a water/glue mixture, swished it around in the ornament and then sprinkled the glitter in. Also hung jingle bells inside some of them. We broke probably 5 last year in the process of learning. LOL

Good for you. I feel ya. I'm so non-crafty by nature.

Texana said...

Love the pix of the kids, and nice bokeh!!!