Monday, August 4, 2008

Maggie heads back to the states

Tomorrow bright and early John will head out with Maggie to send her back to the states. We are sending her early to leave enough room for "unexpected difficulties" should they arise.

John will leave tomorrow with Maggie around 7:30am in a taxi driven by our friend Ronald, to pick up Pastor Jaime, the muscle behind the mission. They will go to the Trujillo airport, where John has already been twice in the past 10 days trying to secure a reservation for Maggie with Lan's Cargo unit, but has been assured by the guy at the airport that a reservation is not necessary - just show up with the dog at 8am the morning you will fly. Even with John begging to give him a reservation, they guy still wouldn't-no need, he says - the plane is NEVER full.
Makes me nervous.

So, John has a ticket, Maggie will hopefully get on, especially with Pastor Jaime's help, and they will head down to Lima where John will then pick her up and head across the street (it's actually a bit of a ways across the street) with Maggie to the customs agency I have been coordinating with. He will then work on 2-4 hours of paper work, pay for her transport and leave her to be put on the Continental flight to Houston that leaves just before midnight.

She is to arrive Wednesday morning and will be picked up by dear friends, Peggy, Carol and Lesley. She will then spend a posh few weeks being spoiled and pampered at Miss Peggy's Pet Palace. Which will be nice, because I am sure this trip will be more than a little stressful for her.

Please pray that things will go smoothly. That would just be great.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I will definitely pray for Maggie's safe journey and sanity. I know it has to be scary for her, but once you all are back in the states I know she will be so happy!

Good luck Maggie, I love you!

Texana said...

And prayers for you, too. I know how you love your Maggie. Having great friends who will love her in your absence is truly a blessing. We will be waiting to hear that she has safely arrived.

Love,
Mom F.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for sweet Maggie!! (Would you believe we prayed for Maggie darling in church? We did. Shawn did... And that's sayin' a lot!) (((hugs))) I can imagine how nervous you must be!